Vacancy for Scientific Officer at GPSC 2023.
On line applications are invited for the posts of Scientific Officer (Chemistry), Class-2 in the Home Department (Advt. 71/2023-24) between date:08/11/2023, 13.00 Hrs. to date:30/11/2023, 13.00 Hrs.
|Organization||The Gujarat Public Service Commission|
|Post Name||Scientific Officer(Chemistry), Class-2|
Scientific Officer (Chemistry), Class-2
No. of Post(s):
09 [GENERAL 03, EWS 01, SEBC 03, ST 02 ]
Job vacancy for Forensic Science , Chemistry , Bio-Chemistry , Forensic Nano-technology , Pharmacy, Pharmacology
What are the Educational Qualification(s) for Scientific Officer?
A candidate shall, (b) possess –
(A) A post-graduate degree in Forensic Science (With Chemical Sciences) or Chemistry or Bio- Chemistry or Forensic Pharmacy or Forensic Nano-technology or Pharmacy or Pharmacology obtained from any of the Universities established or incorporated by or under the Central or a State Act in India; or any other educational institution recognized as such or declared to be deemed as University under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956;
(B) A bachelors degree with Forensic Science or Chemistry or Bio-Chemistry or Pharmacy or Pharmacology as a principal subject obtained from any of the Universities established or incorporated by or under the Central or a State Act India; or any other educational institution recognized as such or declared to be deemed as University under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956;
(B1) have about two years experience on the post not below the rank of Laboratory Technician, Class III, in the subordinate service of the Directorate of Forensic Science, Gujarat State in the respective group of sections/divisions of the Forensic Science Laboratory;
(B2) have about two years experience of reseach or analytical work in the respective subject in the Government or local bodies or Government Undertaking Board or corporation or Private or Public sector laboratory or research institute or limited company established under the Companies Act, 2013 or University or college on the post which can be considered equivalent to the post not below the rank of the Laboratory Technician, Class III, in the subordinate service of the Directorate of Forensic Science, Gujarat State;
(C) possess the basic knowledge of computer application as prescribed in the Gujarat Civil Services Classification and Recruitment (General) Rules, 1967:
(D) possess adequate knowledge of Gujarati or Hindi or both.
What is the Age Limit for this post?
Not more than 37 years.
- Age will be calculated as on the last date of the receipt of application.
- Experience will be calculated from the date of obtaining the prescribed educational qualification. As per Commission’s office order dated 23/05/2023, it is mandatory for the candidates other than government employees/officers to submit experience certificate in the prescribed format (Format of Experience Certificate for an organization other than Government Organizations) Which is available on commission‟s website
Upper Age limit shall be relaxed as under:
- General Women Candidates – 05 Years
- EWS, SEBC, and ST category Candidates of Gujarat origin only. – 05 Years
- EWS, SEBC, and ST category Female Candidates of Gujarat origin only. – 10 Years(including 05 years relaxation as Woman,maximum upto 45 years)
- Persons with Disability 10 Years(maximum upto 45 years)
- A candidate who is already in Gujarat Govt. service, either as a permanent or a Temporary officiating continuously for six months and had not crossed age limit prescribed for the advertised post at the time of his first appointment.
- If experience is prescribed as one of the qualifications, the upper age limit shall not apply.
- If experience is not prescribed as one of the qualifications and a Govt. servant appointed to a post requiring a Medical, Engineering, Veterinary or Agriculture degree or diploma and who applied for any such post, the upper age limit shall not apply.
- If experience is not prescribed as one of the qualifications in the advertisement, Govt. servants who are working on the post from which an employee can be promoted to the post so advertised, be entitled to relaxation of 5 years, or to the extent of equal number of years for which service has been put in by him, whichever is less.
Rs. 44,900 – Rs. 1,42,400 (Level-8)
Candidates of General Category have to pay Rs.100/- + applicable postal charges or Rs.100/-+service charges through online mode as Application fee. While candidates of Reserved Category of Gujarat Origin only, candidates who are physically disable, Ex-Serviceman, & Economically Weaker Sections have not to pay application fee. While candidates of Reserved Category of Other States have to apply in unreserved category and have to pay application fee.
- Vacancy for Consultant and Domain expert at CCRAS 2023
- Vacancy for Project Technical Support at IIT BHU 2023
- Vacancy for Scientists at AIIMS 2023
- Vacancy for Technical Assistant at NIAB 2023
- Vacancy for Senior Scientific Officer at National Tobacco Testing Laboratory 2023
- Vacancy for Project Research Scientist at NIRRCH 2023
You can check Labmonk scholarship for scholarship information.
Check out and answer Labmonk’s daily quiz.